Successful businesses rely on effective communication to respond to customers, perform their services and manage their team. VoIP allows businesses to combine voice, data and video in one easy-to-manage service, and this makes communication and general business operations much more efficient. Despite these advantages, many small business owners aren’t aware of how VoIP can benefit them. In this post, we’re going to go through some of the advantages of VoIP technology, and in particular, how using VoIP hardware can improve your business processes.
Find out more about VoIP hardware – including ATAs, telephone sets, VoIP routers, PC handsets and PC headsets.
Why does your business need VoIP?
Like all IT operations, phone systems have significantly improved with the advances of technology. VoIP is the first step towards improved business efficiency and productivity. Before we go into the advantages, let’s define what we mean by VoIP:
- VoIP – AKA Voice Over Internet Protocol – puts your phone system of the same digital network as the rest of your business, which increases the efficiency of your data network and eliminates the need to manage two separate networks.
VoIP Increases productivity
VoIP services play an important role in maintaining contact, responsiveness and efficiency at every stage of your business operations. Switching to an IP-based communications system allows you to combine and simplify your communication tools, which will improve your productivity in a number of ways.
VoIP hardware will help your business to:
- Cut costs
- You will spend less on travel by using online conferencing, video calls and other collaborative tools.
- VoIP allows you to send multiple phone calls across your IP network, so it’s easy to add extra phone lines.
- VoIP gives you access to numerous features without extra fees, including voicemail, caller ID, conferencing, forwarding and unlimited long distance calls.
- Improve communication with customers and between employees
- Employees have more ways to stay connected. They have complete access to business information through any device they are using, as voice and data traffic are on the same network.
- By using ‘presence’ technology, you can see whether you employees are available and get in touch with them easily.
- Unified communications allow you to work remotely, from any place with an internet connection.
So, if you haven’t yet made the switch from an analogue phone system to VoIP technology, it might be time to go digital! VoIP technology ensures your phone system can keep up with your business as it continues to grow, and offers a wide variety of features that aren’t offered with an analogue phone line.
Want to find out more? Check out: