Want to know how to market your brand, products or services in a cost effective manner? Marketing tools and opportunities are more accessible and affordable than ever. Learn 5 x cost effective marketing techniques that can boost your brand and skyrocket your sales.

1. Optimise your website

seo concept-5 Cost Effective Marketing Techniques

 

Ever heard of SEO? It stands for ‘search engine optimisation,’ and it includes a range of strategies and techniques that can help your business to rank more highly in search engine results. Higher rankings equals more website visitors and therefore increased sales.

When it comes to employing SEO, you can enlist the help of a SEO expert or you can research SEO techniques yourself and employ them on your website and social media platforms. Check out our blog post on SEO tips for more information.

Google is the most popular website on the internet and it can make or break your business. Get on Google’s good side with strategic SEO practices.

2. Start a blog

Blog-5 Cost Effective Marketing Techniques

 

Having a frequently-updated blog on your website is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways of boosting your website’s traffic and your brand in general. Google’s search algorithms favour websites that are updated regularly with content that is high-quality and relevant to website visitors… a blog allows you to do this easily and for free. The more blogs you post, the more opportunities your audience will have to spot, visit and interact with your website.

Blogs should be at least 90% useful to readers – the remaining 10% can be used for tasteful brand/product/service promotion (we’re giving away all our secrets here!).

3. Leverage social media platforms

5 Cost Effective Marketing Techniques-Thumb Up 

Strategic use of social media profiles (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube) can boost your business in a number of ways. Social media platforms can increase brand recognition, improve brand loyalty, boost website traffic, attract more customers to your business, deepen relationships with existing customers and increase your business’s overall exposure, impact and success.

Social media is a very powerful tool – it allows users to share content to a worldwide audience in seconds – and it should be used with strategy and dedication. Most customers research a brand and its products or services online before making a purchase – make sure your business is in their line of sight!

Being on social media can also act as a “brand signal” to search engines –  a signifier that your brand is legitimate, credible and trustworthy. For more information about how social media can help your to boost your business, see our post How to Win At Social Media.

4. Testimonials

business hand-5 Cost Effective Marketing Techniques

 

Testimonials can help you to build brand credibility and get you more customers – customer reviews are the clearest indication of the kind of experiences future customers will have with your business. Potential customers are likely to be dissuaded away from your product or service if they can’t find any positive reviews about it online.

Do you have happy customers? Ask them to post a review of your products or services on online (on sites like Facebook or Yelp). If they need a little coercing, offer them an appropriate reward (for example gift voucher) in exchange for them posting a positive review of your business online and referring your business to their friends and family.

Word of mouth is a powerful tool. Let your customers do your marketing for you.

5. Promotions, coupons and discounts

sale-5 Cost Effective Marketing Techniques

 

One marketing technique that is guaranteed to get the attention of your customers is… FREE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (or at least discounted products or services). Offering ‘exclusive’ discounts, promotions and coupons to your customers can attract new customers, promote your products, increase customer satisfaction/loyalty and boost sales.

These cost effective marketing techniques are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of strategies you can employ to boost your business in a cheap and effective manner. For more information about how great marketing can increase your business success, don’t hesitate to contact us.